Welcome to the website of Belgica, the Belgian Association at Stanford University. If you have any questions or inquiries, please contact us. Our contact information can be found in the Team tab.
We invite all Belgians and Belgium enthusiasts in the Bay Area to sign up for our mailing list
. This mailing list is used to announce all Belgica events.
Belgica membership is free of charge.
Selected Past Events
- Belgian Beer and Food Tasting: co-organized with Stanford Brewing Club, May 2014.
- Tahoe Weekend: trip to Lake Tahoe, April 2014.
- Fall Hike: Climbing Windy Hill (Portola Valley), followed by delicious authentic Belgian Beer and Fries, November 2013.
- Meeting with (former) Crown Prince Philippe of Belgium and VIP trade delegation, June 2013.
- Lecture by David Baeckelandt - “Flemish contributions to the settlement and discovery of the New World”, April 2012
The purpose of Belgica is twofold. We bring together Belgians and other students interested in Belgian culture to exchange ideas about the experience of living in the United States and to help each other with the integration process. Secondly, we participate in cultural events organized on the Stanford campus to introduce and promote the Belgian culture to the members of the Stanford community.